Our Enterprise - a Model
MBA Neumünster GmbH is an enterprise working in the field of circular flow economy and ressource management. It produces secondary fuel and recycling material out of municipal solid waste and commercial waste. The mechanical-biological waste treatment plant cooperates closely with the combined heat and power plant of SWN, the municipal utilities in Neumünster. The combination of MBT and CHP is highly efficient and focusses on climate protection and resource conservation. The special concept granted both MBA Neumünster GmbH and SWN GmbH prizes and awards.
Neumünster MBT processes about 250,000 tons of municipal solid waste per year. And thus it’s one of the biggest and most successful MBTs in Germany. It is also one of the most efficient facilities in the whole of Germany. The city of Neumünster saves about 110,000 tons of CO2 a year by this concept of waste processing and energy recycling.
MBA Neumünster employs 120 people and offers apprenticeships for technical and commercial apprentices. SWN Neumünster GmbH subsidiary SWN Entsorgung GmbH holds 73,7 % of the partner’s interest share in the Neumünster MBT and Remondis GmbH & Co. KG 26,3 %.
Neumünster is in demand as a showpiece for visitor groups from around the world.
- Feeding combined heat and power plant Neumünster with high quality surrogate fuel
- Regional climate protection and resource conservation
- Optimizing the process and minimizing the emissions
- Job creation and conservation including apprenticeships
- Adding value to the region
- Regular offers of environmental education